Are you thinking about installing a chain link fence on your property? If you haven’t done your research, you may not know that a chain link fence can come with some significant downsides for a homeowner. Let’s explore some chain link fence alternatives.
Chain Link Fence Alternatives
If you’re looking for a cheap and practical fencing option, a chain link fence might be your first idea. Installing a chain link fence comes with several downsides, however, and there are also plenty of chain link fence alternatives that you can explore. Why are chain link fence alternatives often a better choice?
Chain Link Fences Aren’t Always the Best Option
Is there really a big difference between chain link fences and other fences? Believe it or not, there are plenty of good reasons for a homeowner to think twice about installing a chain link fence on their property:
- Because of the way chain link fences are constructed, they rust more quickly than other fence models. This means you’ll need to spend more time and effort maintaining them, or you’ll have to replace them sooner than you’d hoped. Any money you save up-front will be quickly spent elsewhere.
- Chain link fences aren’t your best option for security and privacy. The big holes allow people to peek through and provide a handy foothold for people and animals to climb in and out of your property. If you have a dog who needs to stay in the yard or neighborhood kids that need to stay out of your backyard pool, chain link may not be up to the task.
- Chain link fences are usually not the best aesthetic choice for a property. Their appearance can lower your property’s value, especially when the fence gets rusty or damaged. If you plan to sell or hope to have your property value reassessed, a chain link fence could be a detriment.
What Can You Install Instead?
If you’re a homeowner looking for chain link fence alternatives, exploring the world of aluminum fencing is a fantastic idea. Aluminum fencing is often similarly priced to chain link fencing, but it’s made of attractive materials that don’t rust easily, saving you money on maintenance and replacements. And because of the way that aluminum fencing is constructed, it can offer more privacy and security too.
- Do you like chain link fencing because you need a fence that offers an unobstructed view? Consider a cable fence. This fence offers widely-spaced pickets interspersed with stainless steel cables, providing the view you want while keeping your property safe.
- If you’re looking for a practical fence with some more visual flair, the Courtyard Hundred Series can provide it. These tall fences offer decorative picket toppers for additional security and come in various colors and finishes that suit any yard.
- A premium aluminum fence is an excellent investment if you’re ready to sell your home or have your property valued. The Courtyard Thousand series is designed to compliment any backyard aesthetic, and it will make your property look its best while still providing all the advantages you’d expect from a good aluminum fence.
Are you ready to explore chain link fence alternatives for your next building project? Call the experts at MMC Fencing & Railing, and we’ll help you find the right fit.
When you need an expert who can help you check your measurements, select a new railing, or help you browse your railing options, MMC Fencing & Railing is here for you. In our online store, we sell aluminum and vinyl railing in various styles and colors. So no matter what you’re looking for and how large or small your budget, you’re sure to find something beautiful. Give us a call at 866-931-5002 to get started or to ask about installation options. We look forward to hearing from you!