Nothing creates summer fun quite like a backyard pool. A good pool fence is essential to ensure your pool is a safe place to swim and play. If you aren’t sure what to purchase, these pool fencing ideas will give you a great place to start.
Pool Fencing Ideas
Building a fence for your pool is an essential safety measure that no homeowner should skip. Learn how to choose the right pool fence, and then use these pool fencing ideas to make your ideal fence a reality.
What Does a Pool Fence Need?
A pool fence must protect your pool from unexpected guests, pets, and other intruders. The right kind of pool fence will vary depending on your overall needs, but there are some essential criteria that experts agree you should keep in mind when making your selection:
- In general, a pool fence should be at least four feet tall. This minimum height is needed to ensure that most small children and animals cannot jump over the fence. It’s also essential to ensure there’s no space between the bottom of your fence and the ground to avoid burrowing from pests and unwanted guests.
- Avoid fence shapes and configurations that create hand- and foot-holds for unwanted visitors. For example, a chain link fence has multiple built-in holes that trespassers can use to climb over easily. A fence with straight vertical pickets will work best.
- To avoid damage that can make the fence less effective, it’s a good idea to have a fence made of sturdy and water-safe material. Aluminum fencing is an excellent choice for a pool fence because it’s highly durable and not vulnerable to rust.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with state and local laws regarding pool fencing requirements before making your final selection. You’ll also want to check your homeowner’s insurance for any pool fencing requirements in your policy.
Some Pool Fencing Options to Consider
Now that you know what you’re looking for, it’s time to find some pool fencing ideas that fit the bill. MMC Fencing and Railing has plenty of excellent pool fencing options for you to consider:
- The Courtyard Hundred Series has multiple fencing options for any backyard pool. Fence options 0220 and 0230 are perfect for pools because the limited space between the pickets provides additional security.
- If you don’t like the look of a metal fence, vinyl fences can also make excellent pool fences. We recommend the Good Neighbor picket fence from Polyvinyl Fence.
We hope these pool fencing ideas help you secure yourself and your property this summer. If you need help making your final selection, call the experts at MMC Fencing and Railing.
When you need an expert who can help you check your measurements or help you browse your pool fencing options, MMC Fencing and Railing is here for you. Our online store sells aluminum and vinyl fencing in various styles and colors. So you will find something beautiful no matter what you’re looking for and how large or small your budget is. Call us at 866-931-5002 to get started or ask about installation options. We look forward to hearing from you!