Are you interested in purchasing aluminum railings for your home? Or perhaps you’ve recently installed aluminum railings, and you want to make sure they stand the test of time? Let our beginner’s guide to residential aluminum railings help you get started on the right foot.
Residential Aluminum Railings: A Beginner’s Guide
Are you ready to install an aluminum railing on your property? Review our beginner’s guide to residential aluminum railings to make sure you’ve got your ducks in a row.
What Is a Residential Aluminum Railing?
Simply put, a residential aluminum railing is an aluminum railing that is designed to be used in a residential dwelling. There are all kinds of different ways that aluminum railings can be used to make homes safer and more functional:
- Aluminum handrails can be installed alongside indoor and outdoor staircases and other graded surfaces to provide support for people who need it.
- Aluminum handrails can be installed along the edges of elevated patios and other areas to keep visitors safely inside while allowing them to enjoy the view.
- Special aluminum railings, like Juliette balconies, allow you to reimagine new spaces in your home for daily use.
There are dozens of home design applications for aluminum railings. If you aren’t sure what kind of aluminum railing would work best for your home, contact our experienced sales staff for more information.
Why Do People Prefer Residential Aluminum Railings?
Aluminum railings are a popular pick amongst homeowners, but they aren’t the only option out there. Why are they usually a builder’s first choice for a home project? Aluminum railings have several qualities that make them uniquely suited to residential use:
- Aluminum is one of the most accessible building materials to work with. It’s lightweight, flexible, and easy to install. And because you can purchase railing kits containing all the hardware you need for various installations, you can do the work yourself!
- Because aluminum rails are typically powder-coated, they’re extremely customizable. You can choose from a variety of aesthetically pleasing styles and finishes that will blend into your home or add a pop of visual interest.
- Unlike steel or wood, aluminum is durable and requires little-to-no maintenance to look its best. If you occasionally rinse it or wipe it down with a soft rag, it will continue looking new for years to come.
What Do I Need to Know Before Choosing a Residential Aluminum Railing?
Does an aluminum railing sound like the right choice for your home? If so, here’s the information you’ll want to have before selecting a railing:
- Local building codes usually include guidance around railing height installation and other specifications. Be sure your planned installation complies!
- Take some time to consider how the railing will be mounted in place. Will it be mounted to the ground, a wall, or another surface? Have a plan and be ready to purchase additional hardware if needed.
- Measure the space where the railing will be going carefully before you purchase any hardware. Use this method to determine your needed railing length, and be sure to account for posts and other hardware that can add to the overall size of the installation.
We hope this beginner’s guide to residential aluminum railings can help you find the railing you need. If you need more guidance or advice, contact the experts at MMC Fencing and Railing.
When you need an expert to help you check your measurements, select a new railing, or browse railing accessories, MMC Fencing & Railing is here for you. In our online shop, we sell aluminum and vinyl railing in various styles and colors. No matter what you’re looking for and no matter how large you’re budget, you’re sure to find something beautiful. Give us a call at 866-931-5002 to get started or to ask about installation options. We look forward to hearing from you!