Last Updated: February 17, 2020
Summer will be here before we know it, which means it’s time to start thinking about upgrading your outdoor retreat. Are your arms and legs speckled with bug bites from May until September? Although we can’t give you a foolproof technique to avoid pesky bugs all summer long, we can recommend that you purchase a Westbury Screen Rail for your deck or porch. Not only will the screens keep out hungry mosquitos, but also they will prevent troublesome bees, wasps, and gnats from disturbing your summer barbecues and family get-togethers. If you’re interested in learning more about this structural balcony and railing system, please scroll down to learn about the components, design options, and ordering process.
Introducing the Westbury Screen Rail
Depending on the climate of your region, the Westbury Screen Rail system can be a three- or four-season room enclosure, allowing for comfortable outdoor seating throughout the seasons. The system is highly customizable, allowing you to create the best system for your outdoor setup. The system also includes easy-to-assemble railing sections and kick panel sections for added security. Finally, the included universal door ensures that you can effortlessly install a door with either a right-hand swing or left-hand swing. Overall, this rail system is one of the best ways to upgrade your outdoor amenities while keeping your family protected from insects, the elements, and other nuisances.
Westbury Screen Rail System Components
Each Westbury Screen Rail system comes with a set of easy-to-install components that will look great on your ground-level deck or porch, around your pool, or on your upper-level balcony:
- Frame rails
- 2-inch posts (use when the span between existing posts is greater than eight feet)
- Railing sections
- Kick panel sections
- Cross rail
- Door header
- Screen door (includes frame, kick panel, door jamb, hinges, latch, closer kit, and spline as well as optional door sweeps)
These components make for a relatively easily do-it-yourself project, but we also offer customer service if you need to chat with an expert during installation.
Color and Style
This handy railing system allows you to choose the screen size, color, and style that best suits your needs. Plus, different screen sizes are available (these are purchased locally, not supplied by DSI), and you can purchase the Screen Rail system in all of the standard Westbury railing colors. That includes Satin Black, Black Fine Texture, Ninety Bronze, Bronze Fine Texture, Gloss Beige, Gloss White, Clay, Speckled Walnut, Chocolate, and Silver. The system also includes a wide variety of different screen options. Those options include the classic Charcoal Fiberglass Screen, Pool & Patio Screen, Super Screen, Tiny Mesh Super Screen, Pet Screen Mesh, 80% Tex Solar Screen, and 90% Tex Solar Screen. This level of aesthetic flexibility ensures that your Screen Rail system will blend seamlessly into your existing outdoor amenities.
The Screen Rail system isn’t just an aesthetic touch. Ultimately, it’s about keeping your family safe, along with any visitors to your outdoor retreat. The Westbury Screen Rail system includes a structural balcony railing system for added security, making it a fit for either the ground floor or higher floors. You can also order a heavy-duty kick panel for your Screen Rail, which prevents screen damage from kicking feet and wandering pets. If you don’t feel that you need the kick panel, you can order your Screen Rail with structural railing, with a mid rail, or with a frame only. Ultimately, this flexible system is all about what works for your home.
Easy Three-Step Order Process
Does the Westbury Screen Rail seem like a fit for you? Ordering your Screen Rail is as easy as taking a few measurements and selecting your favorite styles. If you have any questions about the ordering process, our experts are on call to give you a hand.
- Step One: Take your measurements. You’ll need to determine the following before ordering:
- Length and amount of Screen Rail frame rails
- Length and amount of Screen Rail 2″ posts (Keep in mind that these are only needed if the span between the existing posts is greater than 8 feet.)
- Location and size of Screen Rail screen door and header
- Amount of .310′ flat spline
- Step Two: Determine one infill option. Do you want to install your screen rail with a railing system, a kick panel system, or just a cross rail? Keep in mind that the kick panel system and cross rail are only recommended for ground-floor decks. Our experts can advise you if you’re not sure which option to order.
- Step Three: Determine color and screen fabric type. What color and fabric type do you prefer? The system is available in twelve standard, architectural-grade, powder-coating colors. All of the colors are available at the same price except for silver; silver railing requires a minimum order and an upcharge.
Ready to take your outdoor amenities to the next level? The Westbury Screen Rail combines beauty and strength for an elegant, durable addition to your home. The innovative engineering and wide variety of designs, colors, and textures give you the power to install the perfect Screen Rail for your home, creating a safe, comfortable outdoor retreat.
If you haven’t yet purchased your Screen Rail, head on over to MMC Fencing & Railing. In our online store, you’ll find everything you need to create this classic and very convenient railing system just in time for the summer season. The system is easy to customize, easy to order, and easy to install.
Already ordered your Screen Rail? Congratulations! Please refer to this previous blog post if you’re wondering how to install your new Screen Rail railings. And if you have any questions about ScreenRail, please give us a call at 1-866-931-5002 or click here to request a quote. We look forward to hearing from you!