On warm days and breezy nights, why not take advantage of the nice weather by relaxing or entertaining on your porch or deck? You can string up lights, add deck chairs, turn on some tunes, and bring out refreshing or warming beverages (depending on the weather). But where will you place those beverages? Especially if you have a large number of guests, there will inevitably be a number of people with cups and bottles in their hands all day (or night). If this is a common conundrum at your home, why not install a drink rail on your railing? This is an extremely simple and surprisingly affordable project that just about anyone can tackle, so long as they have access to basic tools (chop saw, drill, etc.), a bit of patience, and an eye for details. Interested? Scroll down to learn how to add a drink rail to your Westbury railing system.
How to Add a Drink Rail to a Westbury Railing
INCLUDED IN YOUR WESTBURY DRINK RAIL ADAPTER KIT:
- Pre-drilled aluminum drink rail (individually sleeved)
- #10 x 5/8″ self-tapping screws
- #10 x 3/4″ screws
HOW TO ADD A DRINK RAIL TO A STRAIGHT RAIL:
- First, measure the length of the rail and cut the drink rail adapter to the necessary length using a chop saw with an 80-tooth carbide blade.
- When you’ve finished, place the adapter on top of the top rail. Fasten the adapter in place using the #10 x 5/8″ self-tapping screws that came in your drink rail kit.
- Once the adapter is firmly in place, you can place the drink rail on top of the adapter. Attach it to the adapter using the #10 x 3/4″ screws in your drink rail kit.
HOW TO ADD A DRINK RAIL TO A CORNER:
- If you’re attaching the drink rail to a corner section, start with the corner and work out from there. First, grab two adapters and cut one end of each adapter at a 45 degree angle using a chop saw with an 80-tooth carbide blade. These ends will be meeting in a 90 degree angle at the corner, so cut accordingly.
- Next, place your drink rail adapters on top of the railing. The adapters should meet perfectly at the corner if the 45 degree angles were cut accurately. You may need to recut the ends to get a better fit.
- Check the length of the adapters and, if necessary, trim off the opposite ends (the straight ends) with your chop saw.
- When you’re satisfied with the corner fit and the length, fasten the adapters into place using the #10 x 5/8″ self-tapping screws in your kit.
- Finally, place the drink rails on top of the adapters and attach them using the #10 x 3/4″ screws in your kit.
See? I told you it was easy to do!
If you’re interested in purchasing a drink rail for your Westbury railing system, be sure to check out the Drink Rail Adapter available at MMC Fencing & Railing. Priced at just $44.95-$59.95, this kit includes a pre-drilled drink rail and all the necessary screws. It supports wood or composite deck board (the deck board is not included), and it comes with a lifetime limited warranty. You can install this drink rail on a Westbury Crossover Post or Standard Post System. For more information, give us a call at 1-866-931-5002 or click here to request a quote. We look forward to hearing from you!